Cat Portrait Art Paintings

Cat Portraits
Here are two recently completed cat portrait commissions. (These two cats are brothers BTW.) I've been working on a series of cat portrait paintings for a client from the States, but they have not been the usual pastel portrait work I tend to get. These are small format artworks, roughly index card-size. They are also mixed media pieces, mostly Derwent graphic studio pencils, incorporating gouache and ink.

If you are interested in commissioning a portrait please visit my Portrait Art & Gallery page.

6 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

Love the eyes, especially the one on the right. - John

Naj said...

Ty John!

Cecelia said...

Beautiful work! As much as I have studied and tried drawing and painting animals, they still have a cartoon look about them. I so admire the ability to do things so realistically.
Cecelia
http://cecelia-throughmyeyes.blogspot.com/

Naj said...

TY Cecelia for your kind comments!

jafabrit said...

boy, I LOVE how you did the fur, but yes the eyes, they are so compelling.

Naj said...

Ty!