Right Brained Spacial Interpersonal Thinker

I'm apparently right brained, and also a spacial and interpersonal thinker..well, that's if the tests are to be believed. And, no real surprises there for someone who is an artist and blogs.

If you've not heard of right brain/left brain theory before, there's an interesting article explaining the relevance of right brain/left brain theory to artists on about.com:painting. For a more general test there's also Are You Right of Left brained?

Madonna and Child (after Da Vinci) by NajFollowing on from the right-brain left-brain tests, there's the BBC Science & Nature What Kind of Thinker are You? test, which looks at different thinking styles in relation to the genius Leonardo Da Vinci.

These tests are just for fun and highlight people's differences, not how good someone is at something. So, not to be taken too seriously. However, being aware of your natural inclinations and style(s) of thinking, could help you to find new ways to approach/think about your artwork, so they can be useful.

(In my case, perhaps I need to be trying out more sculpture!)

5 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

Hi, Naj.

I am quite familiar with some of these concepts and certainly very similar ones. HAve you ever tried reading about NLP? I seem to be a person who thinks in pictures (?) and I think I would be correct in saying that I'm also a right brain person, most artists probably are.

In group theory, I was always coming up as the ideas man ( never the one who carried them out), the analyst. Unfortunately at work this counted for zilch, people who finished the projects were the ones who got on. My management believed in doing something, anything; wether it got the job done or not. Am I begnning to sound bitter - better call it a day

Going to try the tests and have some fun.

John

Naj said...

I have never read about the "natural law society"...which one.. Neuro-linguistic programming?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NLP

John Dyhouse said...

Yes that's it, sorry about the clarity of the abbreviation (Neuro-linguistic programming: went on a course from work once upon a time)

I seem to be a strongly right-brained (16/20) and a musical thinker. Well music was my first choice as a hobby but I find painting/art comes very closely behind that. Wish I had had these sort of tests when I was at school - hated my career as a scientist. That's one reason I retired at 53.

cheers, john

Jafagirls said...

I am a spatial thinker lol! that was fun. Thanks for sharing naj.
jafabrit

Naj said...

Interesting John that you are a musical thinker, but then I forget you are also a musician!

Jafabrit - I could have guessed you might be a spacial thinker, although some artists can be existential thinkers.

BTW I'm not revealing just how right-brained I supposedly am - could give the impression I'm a complete scatterbrain!